Monday, April 18, 2011

Max On Life: Answers and Inspiration for Today's Questions, Review

I want to start by saying that this book was fantastic!  I guess I had not completely read the description of it when I requested to review it.  I expected to pick this book up and have to fly through it so I could fit it in over a weekend.  I thought I would need to sit down with my coffee and read it cover to cover.  Max On Life is not the kind of book that is meant to be read straight through.

In this book, Max Lucado answers questions that people have submitted to him about life, faith, relationships, and well, just everything.  Each section has a theme with several questions.  Each question is answered succinctly in 1-2 pages. 

I really liked that I could flip through the book and find answers to some great questions that I was curious about.  I love that this does not read like a text book either.  It is personal and easy to read.  I highly recommend Max On Life to anyone that has questions related to faith.  I would love to keep this book on my shelf for a long time so I can refer back to it again and again.  However, I know that if it lands on my shelf, it's likely to get lost.  So I had to do the sensible thing and give it away to someone else who will use it again and again.

Disclaimer:  received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255  : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment